.Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains and any 3rd party websites we sell on, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and CJ – Hanley Trading Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by CJ – Hanley Trading Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to CJ – Hanley Trading Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of CJ – Hanley Trading Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of CJ – Hanley Trading Limited.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that CJ – Hanley Trading Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. CJ – Hanley Trading Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst CJ – Hanley Trading Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- CJ – Hanley Trading Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- CJ – Hanley Trading Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control such as fines. We do try an contact customers regarding if you have purchased the incorrect plate for your vehicle however it is difficult to chase up every customer! Imported plates CAN NOT legally be mounted on UK spec vehicles and therefore our documentation WILL NOT cover you in the event of you getting stopped by the law!
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, CJ – Hanley Trading Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
CJ – Hanley Trading Limited details
- CJ – Hanley Trading Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11309345 whose registered address is Jasmine Gardens, Bradwell, Norfolk, NR31 8HU and it operates the Website https://www.jdmplates.co.uk.
You can contact CJ – Hanley Trading Limited by email on [email protected]
Purchasing Of Product
All customers will need an email address in order to place an order.
Cookies are also a part of your online experience and your browser will need to accept these in order to make full use of the functions on the website which includes, but no limited to, adding items to your shopping cart and checking out from our store. For more information, please visit https://www.jdmplates.co.uk/privacy-cookie-policy/.
Please be aware that you are bound by your order once you have clicked the “Submit order” button and have also submitted your vehicle ownership along with your identity. Please be aware that you are then not entitled to a refund at the end of the ordering process. However, if your documentation with regards to your vehicle information does not coincide with your order selection; we will contact you and resolve any issues and orders can be cancelled within this period only. An automated confirmation of receipt will be displayed on the Website, which contains your order number and the details of your purchase. The purchase agreement has now been concluded which is subsequently sent to you via email.
We reserve the right to cancel any purchase in the following situations, without being liable for any damage or costs, when;
- The product or materials are not available / in stock (any payments will be refunded or the order can be saved until we have the required materials).
- Your billing information is not correct or not verifiable.
- There was an error in the price quote.
- We could not deliver to the address provided by you.
We warrant the supplied number plates to be free of all manufacturing defects and workmanship for up to 30 days from the date of sale. Within the period of this warranty, we will repair or replace, free of charge any plates we supply subject to images and proof. However, we are not liable to repair or replace any number plates where;
- Number plates are damaged due to the owners vehicle being in an accident and their insurance company deems them liable.
- Number plates have been attached to any vehicle other than the vehicle they were manufactured for at the point of sale.
- Using the product for any other purpose other than intended use I.e as a registration plate.
- Specifically for 4D number plates – warranty will be VOID if they are mounted on a curved surface. Mounting 4D number plates on a curved surface can stress the characters and prematurely deteriorate the adhesive properties used on our adhesive tape. For this reason, we recommend that all 4D number plates are mounted on a flat surface!
Please contact us using our online forms if you have any issues with returns, alternatively, see below.
You are liable for the product, which is being returned, until it reaches us; we do recommend using a tracked delivery service in this situation and notifying us of your returning product prior to posting. Upon successful return of your product and us confirming your product is faulty/damaged, we will send your replacement product out to you with 7 working days to the original address stated on the original order.
To reiterate, you are not entitled to a refund at any time. We do not accept liability for any user error and we recommend you double check all your vehicle information against your chosen product to ensure your order matches your vehicle. If you have any questions in regards to your vehicle please contact us using our contact forms with any questions.
All orders are all shipped direct from our manufacturing facilities. Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery from the date we successfully process your order although our products are typically delivered within 2-3 days.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, Please contact [email protected] or use our contact forms.
Thank you for visiting our site.